Managing abiotic stresses for sustainable agriculture.
- Basic and strategic research to manage abiotic stresses in crops, livestock and fisheries.
- Repository of information on abiotic and biotic stresses, adaptation and mitigation strategies and policies.
- Building sustainable agriculture in multi-stressed agro-ecosystems.
- Serve as Center of Academic Excellence in managing multiple stresses in agriculture.
- Assess the vulnerability of crops, horticulture, livestock, fisheries and microbes to abiotic stresses.
- Develop technologies and policies for adaptation and mitigation of atmospheric, water and soil stresses with frontier science.
- Develop repository of information on abiotic stress management for climate-smart agriculture.
- Establish Center of Academic Excellence for human resource development to manage multiple stresses in agriculture.